Skirt Steak With Chipotle Aioli Appetizer Recipe On My KC Combo From Pitboss Grills
Skirt steak is trimmed and the boneless portion of the diaphragm muscle attached to the 6th - 12th ribs on the underside of the short plate. This is a cut that is growing in popularity but not many know exactly where its located. The beauty of this cut is that it is one of the most versatile cuts on the cow. You can marinade, season, grill direct over hot coals for tacos, fajitas or grill them on your KC Combo like it did and top it with some delicious bacon, onions, cheese and chipotle aioli. This is an excellent way to utilize the Skirt Steak because all you need to do is season it and grill it 3-5 mins per side and have all of your toppings prepped to load it up. It's a long and narrow cut of beef that is perfect for an appetizer. Let's jump into the ingredients and directions.
- 1 outside skirt steak, remove silver skin and excess fat
- 3 tablespoons of Chopped House Steak from Pitboss Grills
- 6 tips of bacon, diced
- 4-6 sweet cipolline onions
- 1/4 cup of cojita cheese
- Scallions, chopped
(Chipotle Aioli Sauce)
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 chipotle peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili lime adobo
1) Create your Chipotle Aioli and place in fridge 1 hour prior.
2) Prep all toppings.
3) Season your skirt steaks with Chopped House Steak from Pitboss Grills.
4) Load your KC Combo griddle with the bacon and onions. Crisp the bacon and caramelize the onions and put to the side.
5) Toss your skirt steak on the griddle at medium high heat (450-475) and apply pressure for a solid sear on surface. Grill for 3-5 mins, check to make sure sear is forming a nice crust. Flip and repeat the same process.
6) Pull your skirt steak and let rest 8-10 mins. Cut into 3-4 sections and rotate 90 degrees to cut against grain.
7) Place your steak on your serving plate and top with onions, bacon, cheese, chipotle aioli and scallions.
8) Serve and enjoy!