NY STRIP RECIPE WITH MY COMPOUND BUTTER
When it comes to my three favorite cuts of beef (Ribeye, NY Strip & Filet) a compound butter can elevate the experience. For these delicious strips I made my Parmesan Fall Steak Butter. I made my butter an hour before I began to season my steaks. I do this so after I form my butter log I am able to place it in the fridge for one hour to harden. From here I can simply cut me a few tablespoons off to top my steaks. Let’s jump into the directions and ingredients.
- 1 Block unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
1) Place 1 block of unsalted butter in room temp area for two hours
2) Once the block of butter is room temp and soft, add all ingredients (mentioned above)
3) Combine well and then set plastic wrap out on flat surface.
4) Lay out the combined compound butter and form a 1" thick log, evenly across.
5) Once the log is formed place in the fridge for one hour.
6) Make sure the butter has been sitting out for 20ish mins before adding to steaks during resting time.
7) The most important step is to enjoy!