Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Buffalo Egg Rolls are one of my top 5 all time favorite appetizers! They are simple to make and I think the excitement of waiting to taste all the hidden flavors inside is what makes it so fun for my family and guest. For this awesome recipe I called on my NEW Pellet Smoker (The Laredo 1000) from Pitboss Grills. I first smoked my chicken breast, the temp control is out of this world, for about one hour and then cranked the heat up for frying temp (350ish) to complete this epic dish.
- 4-6 Chicken breast
- 4-6 tablespoons of Champion Chicken
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons A-1 sauce
(Cream Cheese Stuffing)
- 2 blocks soften cream cheese
- 2-3 shredded chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons homemade buffalo sauce (recipe above)
- 1-2 tablespoons ranch
1) Season chicken breast and smoke at 275 until internal temp of 165.
2) When chicken breast reach an internal temp of 140 create your buffalo sauce and simmer for 5ish mins and put on low temp.
3) Once finished shred the chicken breast create the cream cheese filling. Set the Laredo smoker at 350 temp and place cast iron skillet on with about 2 cups of cooking oil. Bring to temp (10 mins) 350 degree oil for frying.
4) Now get your egg wraps out on a cutting board and wet the edges with water. Take about a 1/4 cup of the cream cheese filling and place in the center and wrap into an egg roll, folding corners in. Watch the video on my Instagram for guidance.
5) Prep all egg rolls and make sure your oil is sitting at 350 degrees. Place 4 egg rolls in for frying. 2-3 mins, make sure to keep an eye on them and check for crisp exterior. Flip and fry for another 2-3 mins and remove. Place on a rack with a paper towel under them for draining.
6) Use the homemade buffalo sauce and drizzle on top of the egg rolls and serve!